Dear Hearth Family,
Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we continue to work through the challenges brought on by COVID-19. We care about your safety and well-being and want you to know that we continue to add new resources to keep you safe. I want to thank you for your tireless efforts and support. I could not keep this building running smoothly without your commitment and dedication. I am continuously amazed by each of you with your bravery, compassion, and commitment to our residents. These are challenging times, but you are at the forefront of works that are truly making a positive difference. I am very grateful and appreciative of your efforts, and every moment seen, or unseen is greatly appreciated. I know you are #HearthStrong, and that together we will persevere. Thank you for all that you do!
Here are this week’s updates:
- Staffing: We continue to hire additional staff in food services, housekeeping, and clinical services as part of our Displaced Worker Program. If you know someone who has lost his or her job due to COVID-19, whom you think would be a good fit for our community team, please share these steps to apply:
- Visit www.thehearth.net.
- Click on Careers dropdown and select View Openings
- Use the filters to select the city, state, and nearest Hearth community
- Click on Displaced Workers and hit the red button to start an application.
- Hearth Hugs: Do you know a fellow team member who is going above and beyond to make your loved one more comfortable during this difficult time? Please, consider sending a “Hearth Hug” to thank them for their dedication. See our Activity Director, Julie Fleck for some Hearth Hug cards.
- #HearthStrong Buttons: We will soon receive a shipment of #HearthStrong buttons. When they arrive, we will hand them out so you can wear it daily as a reminder that we are here to serve our residents, and that we will see brighter days ahead if we stay diligent and stick together.
- As many of you know, we have added a Special Care Area in the building, in which residents who have potential of carrying COVID-19 can receive additional oversight in a secured environment, away from other residents. Dedicated and trained staff in our communities’ Clinical Services teams will be in place to man these areas. While these areas are not currently needed or used, they are now set and available should needs arise.
- As most of you are aware, we have begun using the Viking Pure system. This process includes onsite community sanitation product generation, e-misting throughout the community for complete coverage, and deep cleaning measures. Viking Pure Solutions’ sanitation technology uses electrolyzed water to kill bacteria, fungus, and viruses. It also prevents micro-organisms from creating a resistance to any of its disinfectants. Unlike many popular cleaning products, Viking Pure’s system is completely non-toxic, is registered by the EPA as a hospital-grade disinfectant and has demonstrated effectiveness on viruses similar to COVID – 19. To learn more about the system, visit www.vikingpure.com
- Please be sure to wash your hands often and wear your masks while at work. If you need a replacement mask, please see me.
I appreciate you. Thank you for staying positive, staying engaged, and staying #HearthStrong. Your strength today will be that glimmer of light that another team member or senior needs to make today a good day.
Be safe and stay well,